Tuesday, November 16, 2010

weekly update

Finishing the latest animatic has been a huge milestone, and a good marker of how much work lays ahead. I now have a solid base to work off of, and having begun to paint the concept art, can really see everything starting to take shape. Once I complete the concept art, which I anticipate to do before winter break, I'll be 50% complete, right on target. Next semester will consist of painting, projecting, then effects and composting (over winter break I plan to model the geometry in more detail and taking A LOT of photographic reference of textures, plants, rivers, etc. to be used as source material in each painting).

To comment on the animatic directly, I feel like the transition from within the city walls to outside is jarring, and anticipate changing the camera moves to make it more seamless. Also, struggling over an appropriate ending, I decided to end the film on the last "epic" shot instead of returning through the mist to the poet's room, and can sense that it will work. Unless I receive some persuasive feedback tomorrow night during my presentation in seminar, I will leave it as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment