Sunday, September 5, 2010

Inspiration

I've selected (for now) ten films - 5 animated and 5 live action - to use as inspiration for my thesis:

The Prince of Egypt (1998)
Mulan (1998)
Ratatouille (2007)
Akira (1988)
The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
Metropolis (1927)
Barry Lyndon (1975)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
The Last Emperor (1987)

The idea is to pick and choose certain elements from each of these films to contribute to the work that they inspire. For example combine the colors of the Prince of Egypt with the lighting of Barry Lyndon.

I checked out more dvd's from the library than what made this list. Out of the ones that I have watched, I was blown away by The Prince of Egypt (thanks to Ezra for letting me borrow his copy - how could the library not have this?!). So good! I usually have trouble with musicals but it worked for me here, and the art held the level of inspiration that I need all of the films on my list to have.













my favorite moment of the film. surreal:

No comments:

Post a Comment